Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy April Fool's Day!

So, ever year I play tricks on Matthew.  I think this year was the best.  Last night I took a pair of John's jeans and stuffed them with newspaper, then I took a pair of his socks and stuffed them as well.  I then laid out the pants on the couch as if he were sleeping, added a blanket and a newspaper.

This morning when the boys woke up I told them that dad came home from work sick last night and was asleep on the couch.  So if they could GENTLY wake him up and then he can crawl into bed.  Well Nicholas went running into the living room and stomped on his dad's foot to wake him up.  He was so funny he said "what happened to dads foot"?  I was laughing so hard it was PRICELESS.

Then I went off and packed Matthew's lunch.  A sandwich, cheez its, a banana and a special cupcake make with lots of love (it was meatloaf on the bottom topped off with mashed potatoes and beets with colored sprinkles on top).  It really looked like a cupcake.  I also packed a word search he could do with his friends at lunch (the only words that they found was April Fool's).

So here is the picture of the John sleeping on the couch ;0.  Have a fantastic night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He stomped on his foot! LOL. Good thing it wasn't really dad! Glad you got them both good today! :)